Ryan Lochte to join latest 'Dancing with the Stars' cast

Ryan Lochte is going on Dancing with the Stars, locking down a deal in the works before his Olympic saga, a person familiar with the deal confirmed to USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday.

The 23rd season of the show premieres on Sept. 12. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the addition of Lochte has not been announced publicly.

Lochte, the 12-time Olympic medalist who was condemned in media reports around the globe for exaggerating a true story, was dropped by four sponsors on Monday after authorities in Rio de Janeiro declared in a jammed press conference last week that he had fabricated a report that he and three teammates on the U.S. swim team were held up at gunpoint by men with badges.

Instead, the incident was portrayed as a case of vandalism — authorities said the swimmers trashed a bathroom and urinated against the building — and Lochte andJimmy Feigen were accused of falsely claiming a robbery to cover up their misdeeds. The police said the men were detained by guards because Lochte had additionally damaged a poster.

Read more HERE